CVQG Show 2007 - Seasons




Vermont Seasons with Sunbonnet Sue



This quilt was entered as a challenge quilt for the Champlain Valley Quilt Guild.

This quilt was an original design resulting from an absolute brainstorm. Originally, it was going to be a quick, simple traditional Sue block with Sue holding an item for each season (eg, a fall leaf for fall). However, I took a class on Accidental Landscapes with Karen Eckmeier this summer.


The next thing I knew, Sue had Camel's Hump, a well-known Vermont landscape element, behind her. I also took a class with Nancy Eha on embellishing quilts with beads. Wouldn't you know...my quilt suddenly started sprouting beads everywhere.



I had a lot of fun with this quilt!! Great practice for new techniques. Here are some pictures:












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zucchini Brownies with Chocolate and Nuts